Lyndon Posted 16 hours ago Posted 16 hours ago I'm about to fabric my fuselage.. will photos suffice with my log. The inspector will be able to gain access to look at it after. Albeit visual only, checking torque values on the rods and cables etc will not me possible. Thanks Lyndon
Blueadventures Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago 23 minutes ago, Lyndon said: I'm about to fabric my fuselage.. will photos suffice with my log. The inspector will be able to gain access to look at it after. Albeit visual only, checking torque values on the rods and cables etc will not me possible. Thanks Lyndon Ask Tech at SAAA; or the inspectors, that way you get it right. Best if send an email that way you have a written reply to add to the paper work.
facthunter Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago Why don't you put in Inspection panels when you are doing the fabric.? You may find that they are required. Nev
Lyndon Posted 14 hours ago Author Posted 14 hours ago I have. Are you thinking that this suffice. Lyndon
Blueadventures Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago What are the staged inspections that are required for SAAA?
facthunter Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago I was required to do them on my Fisher's wing. Nev
Blueadventures Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago The RAAus requirement is 3; Extract from tech manual; 3.1.3 STAGE INSPECTIONS To provide assurance of appropriate processes and construction techniques during the build process, a minimum of three staged build inspections should be carried out by an RAAus L1 (approved by the HAM on evidence of having previously constructed an amateur built aircraft), L2 or L4 maintainer. These staged build inspections of the aircraft should be conducted at key points of the construction of the aircraft, including, but not limited to, prior to closing of structures, engine installation, painting, rigging of primary flight controls and or wings, etc. Once each build inspection is complete, advice of completion is to be supplied by the stage inspector to RAAus using Tech Form 002 - Stage Inspection Amateur Built Aircraft within 14 days. The form is retained in the aircraft file at RAAus. Recording of the build inspection should also be entered in the aircraft builder’s log. SAAA will have their requirements; They will advise what is required if he does not know or have questions. Not doing them can end in a world of extra work and hurt.
sfGnome Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago My TC wanted to see the wings prior to skinning. I’m pretty sure that’s the SAAA requirement. 1
Blueadventures Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago 31 minutes ago, sfGnome said: My TC wanted to see the wings prior to skinning. I’m pretty sure that’s the SAAA requirement. Same for the control circuits, I believe. Bilders should have the recipe for the build process. I am not a member of SAAA so don't know their requirements.
turboplanner Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Why would someone come onto a Recreational Aviation Australia site and ask a question that could get several opinions (none of which contain SAAA sources) which could see he aircaft modified to an illegal specification of inspected by SAAA? Why, if you had an SAAA aircraft, would you not refer to SAAA, so you could at least sell it some time? It's only a few weeks ago that I posted the FoI document I obtained from CASA on their audit of RAA aircraft. 1
Lyndon Posted 31 minutes ago Author Posted 31 minutes ago Ok so SAAA is my go to source for a VH registration expirmental. Requirements are completely different to ro RaAus ?? I'm in two minds but I believe the VH registration is benifitial in my case. Thanks for the answers Lyndon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now