Lyndon Posted 23 hours ago Author Posted 23 hours ago 1 hour ago, sfGnome said: As I am building a Group G aircraft, I have been in constant contact with RAAus. I’ve done the SAAA course, and RAAus have accepted the qualification (including weight & balance). This relates to full maintenance, not just pilot maintenance. I have sent a private message thank you. This may be the way the go, I believe it may easier to get into the air and I can do all the maintenance. I don't intend keeping the aircraft to long and the new buyer with a course can also maintain it. VH expirmental with a second owner does not have that option I believe. Also Gawler has excellent training to assist me. Albeit not to close, guess I will be buying that Tesla when the time comes. Thanks, all very helpful info Lyndon 1 1
T510 Posted 22 hours ago Posted 22 hours ago Once the CASA Part 43 instrument is released (Don't hold your breath, was supposed to be earlier this year) there will be a pathway for owners of VH Exp aircraft they did not build to maintain them. You will need to complete the SAAA MTC course that supports the CASA instrument 1 1
skippydiesel Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago Hi Lyndon, I am very pleased that you have received useful information from this all pilot s welcome / inclusive Forum. 😈 3
sfGnome Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago 5 hours ago, Lyndon said: This may be the way the go, I believe it may easier to get into the air and I can do all the maintenance. I don't intend keeping the aircraft to long and the new buyer with a course can also maintain it. I’ll give you a call, but for clarity for people reading this, I’ll add a couple of points. My comments up to this point only apply to Group G experimental. Group A still have the same restrictions & liberties that they always have. Getting a Group G experimental into the air is almost exactly the same as getting a VH experimental up there. The process is the same. As an aside, if you want to have someone else do your first flight, then finding a test pilot with an RAAus Group G license is somewhat difficult. As T510 has noted, currently, someone purchasing an Experimental cannot do their own maintenance, regardless of whether they are registered VH or Group G (with the caveat that if the purchaser has already built an essentially similar aircraft, then they can do their own maintenance). 1 1
facthunter Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago I believe Warbirds are being done under VH EXP. With straight VH it's very difficult to do anything different to original. Like LSA which seems to have been a stop-gap idea at best. If the Maker goes out of Business. you are stranded. Nev
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now