Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I had a lousy night's sleep last night. I didn't get to sleep until after midnight because Mrs M wanted to spend some time on things that couldn't be done once I was gone. Anyway I got up at the usual, about 4:45am, had my wheatbix and dozed on and off for a couple of hours. When I eventually got myself into gear to go I checked Flight Radar 24 and found the airport to be too busy with the big jets so I delayed my departure until 8:20am. By then the wind was up and a bit gusty so I was a bit cautious lifting off. I actually dropped the front wheel again until I got a bit more speed so that I could get a clear lift-off without getting blown too far off course.

 

The wind was coming from the north so great for runway 04 and a good push in the backside for the journey south. Hobbs meter reading was 182.1 to 184.7 for the 259NM flight. It was a smooth flight so I didn't mind edging a little into the red on cruise.

 

Today.thumb.jpg.04cdc012ac350d385ea85d968fcd1088.jpg

 

The van I've had parked at the airport has a solar panel on the roof and the Bluetooth app said that the battery was fully charged. It might have had the voltage but it was too dead to crank. I had to wait for a friend to land so that I could borrow a jumpstarter. After paying the discounted $220 for a new battery I was on my way to Wongan Hills.

 

Excavation1.thumb.jpg.47cbc90062840529f45cc4cd8023303c.jpg

 

After catching up with the concreter I commenced the excavation.

 

Excavation2.thumb.jpg.ebfcd3d6088dfc16279f807ec24b81bc.jpg

 

It's not completely finished but I ran out of light. Tomorrow I expect to be filling it in with gravel and compacting it as well as I can.

 

CO.thumb.jpg.a63c9c3c5b1f87cee19f3150b5f6c84e.jpg

 

After I landed, taxied and idled the plane for a few minutes, to settle down after the couple of hours in the air, I noticed the CO meter reading 14 PPM. I don't think there's a problem because after the flight to Reedy it was reading zero but I'll keep and eye on it next flight.

 

Edited by Moneybox
  • Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...