Morgan Cougar Mk 2.

Garry Morgan

Morgan range of aircraft
We are building a new Cougar with the 100mm higher undercarriage, this makes it look like a much bigger aircraft. My new one will have the 233 Lyc. motor 6-8 hrs of fuel and will be able to carry 350kg for 4 people. the interior needs to be upgraded, full upholstery top to bottom, we have a good guy here to do the job.

Garry Morgan

Morgan range of aircraft
The new Cougar has 100mm higher U/C to swing 1.8m props and a larger nose leg for heaver motors like the Lycoming. which requires a step on the side of the fuse. Many of the cosmetics have been improved as you will see on the Cheyenne motor glider. We are looking to do a longer canopy, moving the rear back to get better entry to the rear seats. The design doesn't need any changes as it was 100% all round on its first flight. People that fly in it say they wouldn't believe how good it fly s if they hadn't seen it for them selves.We need to move our demo Cougar to make a new one this winter so we dropped the price to 55k

Hi All,
I'm new to Raa this also being my first post here!
I have a CPL making a VH Cougar no issue to fly legally. A friend of mine has recently commenced training towards the Raa certificate. Ultimately we would like to 'live the dream' and go halves in an aircraft. We had been looking at the Sierra 100/200 and similar 2 seat aircraft due my friend's lack of a PPL. However my recent reading leads me to believe a Raa cert holder with passenger and cross country tickets with min 20hr experience (min 5hr solo) can with very little cross training obtain an RPL with the nav endorsements coming across. Of course a medical and BAK etc would need to be completed.
The relevance to this thread being a Raa cert holder with minor expense/training to obtain an RPL can fly a VH 4 seat cougar with all seats occupied! Even in CTA with additional training. That should increase this aircraft's appeal.
This thread's been inactive for a while so this maybe common knowledge now or I maybe interpreting the regs incorrectly.
Cheers

G'day
Old thread so the 4 seat Cougars have been out and about for a couple of years now. Just wondering if anyone out there has flown one and can give a report, I'm especially interested in the cruise speed figures and if they do the 130 to 150 knots indicated that's quoted on the website.
Cheers

Ada Elle

I have a CPL making a VH Cougar no issue to fly legally. A friend of mine has recently commenced training towards the Raa certificate. Ultimately we would like to 'live the dream' and go halves in an aircraft. We had been looking at the Sierra 100/200 and similar 2 seat aircraft due my friend's lack of a PPL. However my recent reading leads me to believe a Raa cert holder with passenger and cross country tickets with min 20hr experience (min 5hr solo) can with very little cross training obtain an RPL with the nav endorsements coming across. Of course a medical and BAK etc would need to be completed.
No need for BAK. Class 2 medical for >1 PAX. Training requirements are 2 hours instrument, and AFR. Need 5 hours solo XC.