Guess This Aircraft ?

djpacro

Neither of those. I can't find any link between the manufacturer of this aircraft and the makers of the other two. Wikipedia has no page on this aircraft but they do on another model by this manufacturer. There are quite a few photos of this aircraft on different web pages.
DR-109. I had dinner with Dan at Oshkosh.

red750

I must say, Dave, this plane looks remarkably similar to the DR-109. It is the only example listed, so could be a one-off, but the manufacturer has two other aircraft, a highwing STOL with 18 registered, and an aerobatic biplane with 17 registered.

djpacro

Your hints weren't consistent with the DR-109 either but I thought that I would try to flush it out - certainly looks like it started life as a DR-109.

derekliston

I took a pic of this aircraft at Coffs Harbour with rego METAL, looked it up and found it to be morrocan rego. Quite sleek up close, my son loved it as one of his computer games has it as an option to fly.
Yes, I also saw it at Coffs. I would be interested to know how they produce that fuselage with all the compound curves. Piaggio have always managed to be a bit different with their designs.