glider development

Garry Morgan

Morgan range of aircraft
Yes I am moving out of this country ASAP. The business will keep going as I will be handing it over to someone, as about 100 aircraft need to be supported. I will be flying gliders in the southern alps and chasing the mountain waves. It has just got to silly in this country.

Soleair

Looks a very pretty aeroplane Gary. Do you (or Aeroworks) have intentions to market it as a kit for homebuilding? Is it intended to routinely derig for transport/storage?

Garry Morgan

Morgan range of aircraft
Looks a very pretty aeroplane Gary. Do you (or Aeroworks) have intentions to market it as a kit for homebuilding? Is it intended to routinely derig for transport/storage?
I will be handing over the business to someone who may kit the Cheyenne, The wings on the Cheyenne are in 4 pieces and the outer pannles are removered in 8 min each day to get it into the hangar. this is done on my own ,I have a wing sadle in the middle of the wing, when the two bolts are removered the wing comes off and turns vertical and wheeled in the hangar.

Oscar

Is it definite that it was the Morgan Cheyenne? - it certainly looks like it, but further comment should not be made until there is positive identification.

SDQDI

Paint job looks the same but that could be a coincidence.

Having said that surviving a wing fold is amazing. (Was trying to think of something else to say but amazing just about covers it)

SDQDI

Steep mountainside or not that is still an unbelievable outcome.

It is hard to see too much detail in the pictures but I can’t really see a long impact area down the hillside which you would think would be needed to slow the fall slowly enough.

pylon500

Steep mountainside or not that is still an unbelievable outcome.

It is hard to see too much detail in the pictures but I can’t really see a long impact area down the hillside which you would think would be needed to slow the fall slowly enough.
I get the impression it may have come down like a sycamore seed, the mountain slope just adding that little extra deceleration to not be a sudden stop.
Have to wait till we hear from Gary.

bexrbetter

Well that is a fairly harsh "I told you so" nobody. I don't mean any criticism to you nobody but it does come across a tad harsh.
Well it was a fair 'one on one' and nobody won. Well somebody won, but it was nobody, i mean, arrrh, forget it. Glad we can rib people about it as the Pax walked away.

It's a good result for Morgan as this avoids it happening in tragic circumstances and clearly shows where he has to re-engineer, and give his engineer a mouthful while he's at it. All this is moot if he actually clipped the wing along the side of the mountain of course.