Bushcat LSA by SkyReach

MartyG

Checked the demonstrator at Narromine, Looks like a well engineered aircraft and should be fun to fly.I recall hearing a kit build time of 120 Hours, that may of been the time it took to put the demonstrator together for Narromine. Apart from drooling on it no other experiance with them. I believe its the same distributors based at Heck Feild Jacobs Well (GAP Aero)that sell the Sling models. The

Sling & the Bushcat both from The Aircraft Factory in South Africa. cheers

I have test flown the Bushcat and was impressed enough that I put a deposit down on a kit

Marty, GAP are dealers for Sling and Bushcat. Both are from Sert Efrica but they are different companies. Once I get mine I will start a build thread here. Unfortunately as you can imagine there is not much shipping direct from South Africa to Australia so it will be 3 months shipping. The wait is going to drive me nuts!  

I can report at this time that you don't want to be in a hurry if you order one of these! Ordered in April and as far as I am aware it hasn't even been shipped yet!

I like the look, especially the taildragger configuration. Where is the Fuel tank, in the wings?
Tank is behind the seats. The design ethos is to keep things as simple as possible. That is the simplest position which also means you don’t need a fuel gauge :)
The downside of course is luggage capacity is lower than if the tanks are in the wings. But I’m happy enough with how it is.

Just talked to the distributor. He isn’t too concerned about Australia. It’s the USA that will have the biggest headache because the max stall requirement there is 42 knots so until there is a fix they have to impose a mtow of 510kg. But In Australia its 45 and the Bushcat just scrapes in so it can remain at 560.

I will definitely try harder to keep the weight down in light of this. It’s disappointing though because the previous model was 38 knots.

Will find out tomorrow when the kits ship

Blueadventures

Just talked to the distributor. He isn’t too concerned about Australia. It’s the USA that will have the biggest headache because the max stall requirement there is 42 knots so until there is a fix they have to impose a mtow of 510kg. But In Australia its 45 and the Bushcat just scrapes in so it can remain at 560.

I will definitely try harder to keep the weight down in light of this. It’s disappointing though because the previous model was 38 knots.

Will find out tomorrow when the kits ship
Hi Danny What is the empty weight of the completed aircraft you have ordered? That's very interesting about the previous model stall at 38 knots and the new model is in the 45 kts range. It would appear that more development of the design is required. Look forward to your build forum. I have built a Skyranger Nynja that is a similar type of construction and as they are a development over 25 plus years and hit there advertised numbers on the bulls eye. Best Regards Mike

I believe it's 320kg. The Bushcat is the improved version of the Cheetah, and the Cheetah was derived from the Skyranger so it's no coincidence they are similar! Bushcat is built around the Rotax 912 though and I believe the Skyranger was built with smaller engines in mind so I would guess the Skyranger would be well under 300kg?

winsor68

I am confused.

Did a "previous model" of this aircraft stall at 38 knots? Or did the same aircraft just have it's paperwork rewritten more accurately to indicate it's differing performance figures to those published? Did you order a Mk1 Bushcat? Or a Mk2 Bushcat? Or did the Mk1 become a Mk2 on paper?