Aerial photography discussion and brag thread

skeptic36

Some bloody nice photo's also still in your gallery skeptic! :clap:
Good work Tex, thanks for that .
The first one is for the "Brag " section, that's my trike at YHOT, the highest airport in Australia.
The other two are of a bushfire we had at Waweira in 2011, they are for the "aerial photography" section:smile:

skeptic36

Make sure whatever you paste in ends in .jpeg and that your photobucket gallery is open to the public generally.

EDIT: I see the link does end in .jpg... and obviously not the latter.... also make sure you are looking at the image as you would in its full view from the gallery (not just a thumbnail or in your own profile etc)
I think I have it now, I was opening the thumbnail but not the full view, will try that next time.
Thanks again
Regards Bill

Mark11

Hi all,
I've been posting in the drifter ultralight forum and in the new pilots forum and someone asked for a few pics of where I fly. Since I'm big into Aerial Photography, I thought I'd start up a dicussion here and show off a few pics. Feel free to post your own examples. I'll try to post one or two new pics every day.

FWIW, I use a Nikon D7000 with a cheap kit lens (for now).

Brilliant clarity... Are you shooting hand held?
Mark

Deskpilot

Received this this morning. Not Oz but nice images anyway.

There is one photo that is definately 20 years old, and thats the roller coaster at Southend-on-sea.
Hasnt been there for many years now.

This collection of aerial photographs giving a spectacular bird's eye view of Britain from above has been released to mark the Queen's Jubilee year.
Bustling cities contrast with serene stretches of glorious countryside as sites that might seem ubiquitous from the ground are transformed into unique and wonderful images when viewed from above.
The heart-stopping shots are the work of aerial photographer Jason Hawkes who developed a love of Britain's varied landscape since taking his first flying lesson 20 years ago.

Perfect location: The Glenfinnan Viaduct in Scotland featured in the Harry Potter films.

Jubilee year: Buckingham Palace dominates the landscape in this aerial view of London

Jolly hockey pics: Pictured from above these sports pitches and the ant like people playing take on a strange geometrical beauty

Field of dreams: The Oval cricket pitch in South London at night

Fun land: A rollercoaster track twists and turns to form an incredible colourful image at this amusement park in Southend-on-Sea.

Looking down on an angel: A rarely seen view of Anthony Gormley's Angel of the North sculpture in Gateshead

Brighton Pier:

Hanging out with Nelson: A view looking down on Nelson's Column in London 's Trafalgar Square

Ace view: Centre Court at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club

London suburbs:

Heritage site: A quiet moment at Stonehenge

Nooks and crannies: A lighthouse looks out over a rugged stretch of coast near East Prawle in Devon

Myth and legend: Some believe Glastonbury Tor in Somerset is the final resting place of King Arthur

Bluegrass: A field of Flax in Buckinghamshire takes on magical properties

Wrong turns: Longleat maze near Bath is the largest in Britain

Old Koreelah

My local flying area is Deeral and the Atherton Tablelands in Queensland Australia..

The cleared property at the bend in the river is our property and where I fly from.
Wonderful country, Frank. I am getting closer to realising a decades-long dream of flying up to visit family around Cairns and have been keeping your strip in mind. I am a little daunted by the coastal route; all those cane fields and challenging weather. The inland approach looks safer. I have visited Atherton Airstrip and believe there is hangarage available.

Maj Millard

Maj, is this the valley from Big Conway and Conway Beach back towards Shute?
No mate, It's the valley that runs up the middle of Mt Elliot just South of Townsville. Possibly an old blown out volcano from thousands of years ago, as there are a lot of areas of lava rock also ....Somewhere up in there is the wreckage of a DH mosquito that hit in bad WX during WW2. Wouldn't be too much left now...........Maj...

Ultralights

Hi all,
I've been posting in the drifter ultralight forum and in the new pilots forum and someone asked for a few pics of where I fly. Since I'm big into Aerial Photography, I thought I'd start up a dicussion here and show off a few pics. Feel free to post your own examples. I'll try to post one or two new pics every day.

FWIW, I use a Nikon D7000 with a cheap kit lens (for now).

what we have above, soft, normmal sheep.

here below, hardcore Aussie sheep in their paddock.