Aerial photography discussion and brag thread

winsor68

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

J170 Owner

Thanks for the compliments guys! Appreciated :smile: I use Sony cameras... they haven't been edited at all other than down sized.

The circle crops are because of a centre pivot irrigation system (basically a big sprinkler that is fixed in the middle and drives around in a circle).

When I get the chance I'll find some more photos of them which should show more detail.
That kills my 'alien' theory.

J170 Owner

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

And in the last days, the son shall forget where he put his fathers hammer he borrowed just the night before.......(Life Of Brian)

Gnarly Gnu

So lying and deceiving false prophets need to be dealt with you feel? Works for me but hucksters like Flannery and Gore might be less keen on adopting such laws of Judaism....

Probably time to drift back to topic however, those interested can read the whole prophecy for themselves to get the context rather than just the single verse.

80knots, yes and yes. Up the valley running due north of Callington if I remember correctly.

Acky, be my guest, go ahead.
That's right up in the Bremer Valley. I remember being set free to go find this during my training out of YMBD. That was so very exciting for me at the time (still is). I always take pax past here to show them where Jesus lives!

J170 Owner

I am having a hard time trying to nut out the comment "note mountain top engulfed in thick lightning filled with the 3 mins between photos.". Am I dim witted? Nice pictures.

Ultralights

haahah, no, i blame the auto correct on the ipad, in the first shot, the low thin cloud on the mountain top on the horizon was rapidly engulfed by the storm front cloud in the second shot as i watched it. while turning around back to Wollongong. the cloud came over it like a big breaking wave, full of lightning flashes behind it.

Hi Justin,
I am very interested in aerial photography but have virtually no experience with professional cameras like yours. I fly an aerochute which is a perfect platform for photography and have taken some photo’s but just with cheapie cameras and phones. Not really good results so I bit the bullet the other day and bought a Canon EOS 60D with an EF 70-200 f4L IS USM lens. All I need now is to know how to use it. I have been playing around with it and seeing what it can do but these are some complex pieces of equipment. Can you let me know what mode you shoot in and what effects you look for so I can have some idea as to where to start. Do you use the full auto settings like sport setting or just go full manual. Do you use auto focus or just set the lens to manual and leave the focus on infinity so it does not chase focus on everything but what you want. Hard to find any info about this style of photography on the internet, Most photographers use a nice stable platform or tripod. Being on a moving platform must limit some of these setting.

John
A few basic tips: Learn your camera well so you can operate it easily, including advanced settings. On my Nikon I usually use the Shutter Priority Mode and set the fastest possible shutter speed for the given lighting while keeping ISO low enough (below 600). Most importantly - Practice! Hope that helps.

A few basic tips: Learn your camera well so you can operate it easily, including advanced settings. On my Nikon I usually use the Shutter Priority Mode and set the fastest possible shutter speed for the given lighting while keeping ISO low enough (below 600). Most importantly - Practice! Hope that helps.
Thanks for the tips Justin.
Slowly getting a handle on the camera. It has been so windy here lately that I have plenty of time to learn.

John